Your winter checklist should start every October with a furnace or boiler tune-up. You’ll not only be better prepared for Old Man Winter, you’ll save money.
Save $20 on your Furnace or Boiler Tune-up. Â Ends Oct. 20th.
October is the best month for furnace or boiler tune-ups because hot weather is ending and the cold hasn’t started. Many furnaces aren’t running yet so fewer people are having problems that need to be addressed. Because of this, heating contractors have more time available to perform these must have services . . . Making it less expensive.
The Old Farmer’s Almanac predicts this Winter is going to be brutal. So, be prepared for the cold – Â get your furnace tuned up now. . . and save $20!Â
When we tune-up your furnace or boiler, we are in-depth. Â Check Out Our 19-Point Tune-Up Checklist:Â
- Remove & Clean Burners
- Remove & Clean Pilot Burner & Orifice
- Test Hot Surface Igniter
- Test All Safety Limits
- Clean flame sensor
- Adjust Gas Pressure
- Clean Drain Trap
- Remove and clean flue pipe
- Disposable Rags
- Clean Return Drop
- Clean Blower Area & Filter Rack
- Remove Blower Assembly When Necessary (i.e. visual heat exchanger inspection, to clean it, etcâ€¦)
- Clear Out Pressure Switch Ports
- Test Pressure Switch Terminals
- Check and repair any loose terminals/wires
- Record Amp Draw on blower and inducer assembly
- Take total amp draw of the system at line connection and record
- Take & Record Temperature Rise
- Recommend media filter replacement if it is older than one year